Monday, July 12, 2010

No Newton's and Looking Forward to Ascutney

Well, this is not the post I wanted to be writing.

Saturday morning I woke up and took a look outside and saw what nobody racing in Newton's wanted to see: Torrential rain.

Shit.

I went through my morning routine and arrived at the race tent feeling pretty good but soon they confirmed what I already knew in my heart: The race was postponed until Sunday.

This was disastrous for my race hopes because Lauren, my driver, needed to be back home for a triathlon on Sunday. This meant I would have to drive her back, a 7 hour round trip, and cross my fingers that I could find someone to give me a ride back down on Sunday. To complicate matters further, Sunday was my Nephew Connor's Christening - Something I did not want to miss. Not to mention, another $100 for a hotel, food, gas, etc. Ugh.

As luck would have it, I spoke with the race director, Mary, and she was insanely helpful and generous by allowing me to move my race to August! I will now be in the more popular and more competitive Mount Washington Hill Climb!

I'll be glued to the saddle for the next month and a half. Fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment