Friday, July 16, 2010

The Fine Line

This week I have continued to cut calories in an effort to shed needless upper body weight. Come to find out shedding hard-earned muscle is more difficult to shed than fat - Especially since I am eating a lot of protein to aid with recovery to some tough training.

My riding volume has continued to be moderate in the lead up to Ascutney. Monday and Tuesday I rode 22 hard miles each day and yesterday I took it relatively easy and rode 25. I feel like this taper has been more successful than the taper I did for Newton's Revenge. Tonight I will go out for an easy spin and throw in one very hard three minutes effort to prime my body for the hordes or sweet potatoes and pasta I intend to eat tonight.

I'm excited to race tomorrow morning and I think I'm ready!!

Depending on how I feel I might ride the 90 or so miles home from Ascutney. If not, we'll be going out for a nice hilly century on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment